|Home > Rules > Jr. Mini Stocks
Download PDF rules
2012 Jr. Mini Stock Rules
NOTE: Policy rules governing fighting, disorderly conduct, and consumption of alcoholic beverages in Pit Area - See General and Policy Rules. If a fight or altercation takes place, do not go to that pit spot or area. All drivers, pit crew, wives, and or relatives that are in this pit spot will be held responsible for their actions. You may be removed from the entire pit area. STAY IN YOUR PIT SPOT!
- Driver Requirements
- Must be 12 years of age but not older than 16. If a registered driver turns 17 during the race season he/she will be allowed to finish out that season. Drivers must be able to operate all safety equipment and be able to start car, shift gears and complete test for officials. Minor release forms must be completed and on file before being allowed to race.
- Two or four door sedan body with steel top, Station wagons are o.k. Production wheelbase limited to 102". No Front Wheel Drive.
- Cars must have complete frame. Cutting allowed over rear axle to mount rear shocks but must be reinforced.
- Cars must have complete firewall separating driver from engine and also separating trunk area from driver's compartment.
- All glass, chrome, and trim must be removed.
- All flammable materials must be removed.
- Fenders may be cut for tire clearance but must maintain a stock configuration.
- All cars must have a minimum of two (2) hood pins or bolts to keep hood closed.
- Back of hoods must be completely sealed off and must stay that way while car is in motion.
- No angle or channel iron outside of car.
- Plastic nosepieces and tailpieces are allowed. Sheet metal or plastic skirting is o.k.
- Aluminum body patches ok. Top and deck lid should remain stock.
- Removable inspection panel required on driver dash area.
- Minimum weight after race with driver is 2300 lbs. (will be checked at tracks with scales)
- Fire Extinguisher must be in driver reach securely mounted
- Should be painted and lettered in good taste
- Roll Cage
- All cars must have a minimum six (6) point roll cage. All cages should be at least 1-1/4" outside diameter x .095 wall steel tubing (no welded corners). Roll cage around driver must have padding.
- Drivers head must be at least 2" below top of cage.
- All cars must have at least three (3) door bars on driver side, two (2) bars on grandstand side. Door bars must be a minimum of 1-1/4" x .095 wall steel tubing. Door bars must be sufficiently gusseted and tied to the car at the bottom.
- Any bracing inside of car is legal except under the fenders.
- Seat must be mounted to the roll cage and be on the left side of the car.
- No tube frame car
- Minimum 3 front window bars in front of driver.
- Front bumpers must be centered on frame rails and in its original location.
- Front bumpers may be 1-1/2" o.d., no more than 8" overall in height from top to bottom.
- Front bumpers must not extend more than 2" in front of any body part and be no wider than center of tire. Ends must bend back into the frame and be welded. No blunt or sharp edges and no channel iron.
- May have two (2) radiator protection bars in front of radiator and behind bumper within the confines of body.
- Rear bumper may wrap around rear quarter panel and must tie into frame behind rear tire.
- Rear bumper may be 1-1/2" o.d. pipe or tubing.
- Stock bumpers are allowed.
- Nerf Bars
- Nerf bars must be flush with body. No blunt or sharp edges.
- Nerf bars must be 1" x 2" rectangle or 1" square only.
- Nerf bars are only allowed between wheels.
- In line four cylinder (carburetor type only) with a maximum displacement of 2399cc.
- Engine must be in stock location.
- No rotary engines or turbos.
- No dual overhead cams.
- Engine must use stock block, and head. Steel valves only.
- Must use stock intake. May be machined to receive carburetor only.
- Milling of head to increase compression allowed. No porting, polishing or port matching allowed. NO GRINDING INSIDE OF PORTS. Straight boring allowed for large valves. Cannot go past short side radius. Bore cannot be polished.
- Carburetor must be un-altered Holley #4412 or 5200 series with a stock venture bore, stock throttle body, and stock booster location. May run stock OEM carburetor not to exceed 500cfm. No Weber or Mikuni carburetors.
- Battery type ignition only. No magnetos, dual points, MSD boxes.
- Any solid surface cam, valve springs, rockers, and lifters are allowed. NO ROLLER CAM. Adjustable Cam gears ok
- Stock exhaust or racing headers are allowed. Mufflers may be required depending on track rule.
- Exhaust should exit under car.
- Blocks must have engine numbers.
- No Strokers.
- Must have stock O.E.M. UNALTERED crankshaft.
- Before 2011 season, 1" Sight plug in the side of the oil pan with a clear line of sight to the crankshaft and rods.
- NOTE: Engine is not to exceed above.
- Drive Train
- Standard or automatic transmissions are allowed. Automatic transmissions must use OEM torque converter.
- Transmissions must have at least two (2) forward gears and one (1) reverse.
- Rear end must be locked.
- Drive shafts may be altered or welded and painted white.
- No dog clutches or multi-disc clutches. No couplers.
- No Aluminum flywheels allowed, MUST USE STEEL FLYWHEEL
- Front and rear suspension must be stock type, but may be re-enforced. No welding springs solid. No wooden blocks in springs.
- One shock per wheel.
- No weight jacks allowed. If weight jacks exist they must be disabled.
- Tires and Wheels
- 8" max steel wheels only. Rim centers must be completely welded and may be reinforced.
- Racing studs and lug nuts are recommended
- D.O.T. Street tires ONLY - NO RACING TIRES
- No bead locks
- No grooving of tires.
- Right rear mud plug allowed
- No bleeder valves
- Only one (1) radiator is allowed and must be centered in front of car.
- One (1) 12 volt automotive battery allowed per car.
- The battery must be mounted to frame or cage.
- Fuel and Fuel Tank
- Racing Gas allowed. No additives.
- Racing fuel cell is required.
- Fuel cell must be mounted to frame or cage with a minimum of two (2) steel straps 2" x 1/8" thick 360 degrees around cell, or bolted to cell frame.
- Fuel cell must be vented and have Flapper Valve.
- Fuel cell must be 12" from either side of car and 12" from the rear of the car body.
- Floor in trunk must have holes drilled in it to allow spilled fuel to drain.
- All cars must have a minimum of two (2) working rear brakes. Four wheel brakes are recommended.
- Adjustable brake control cannot be in driver reach.
- The minimum weight after race, including driver must be 2,400 pounds. Additional add-on weight ballast must be securely bolted or welded to the frame. Weight ballast must be painted white and have the car number on it.
- Safety Equipment
- Snell-rated SA95, SA2000 or SA2005 helmet required.
- Roll bar padding required in driver compartment (Fire retardant recommended).
- SFI-approved full fire suit required.
- Fire retardant neck brace, gloves and shoes required. Recommended: Fire retardant head sock and underwear; head and neck restraints.
- Driver-side window net required, minimum 16"x 20" ribbon or mesh style, and must be mounted so latch is at top front of window.
- Minimum three-inch wide five point safety belt assembly required (Y-type shoulder harness not allowed), must be mounted securely to roll cage, and recommended to be no more than one year old.
- Kill switch required within easy reach of driver and must be clearly marked 'OFF' and 'ON'.
- Fire Extinguisher must be in driver reach securely mounted.
- All cars are subject to inspection.
- Always keep a copy of your track rules.
- Race Rule
- Cars may race in either direction at any given time. Speedway Officials, at the start of each race, will determine the direction of the race.
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The Race Director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
|Copyright © 2010 85 Speedway, All Rights Reserved.
Graphic design by Tila Slovacek.